Joining me on the podcast today is Raina LaGrand, LMSW, MPH, CYT.
Raina is a somatic therapist, coach, and educator living in Ypsilanti, MI. Her perspective on somatics includes responding to the ways trauma & oppression shape our experiences and capacity to thrive.
She believes individual and societal transformation is made possible when we center bodies, pleasure, relationships, and culture in healing. Through her work, she seeks to support others in living fully with presence and agency.
After living with a stable fracture of a vertebrae for up to 10 years, Raina was experiencing pain that interfered with her daily life. Raina realized she couldn’t pursue healing without money. Acupuncture, chiropractic care, craniosacral therapy, and even CBD oil – things not covered by insurance all add up.
For Raina, she has been working through multiple layers of mindset to come to a point of being alright with investing in her health. I love what she says in the middle of the episode: “By making my life accessible to others, I was becoming in-accessible to myself.”
You may not be in a helping profession like Raina, but we ALL have a reason in our mind for why we can’t spend money on ourselves to work through.
Raina shares a freebie IN EPISODE, a somatic practice centered around letting go of shame or guilt surrounding your money mindset. After the guided somatic practice: journal, meditate, comment or DM us on instagram, or talk to a loved one!
Connect with Raina:
- @RootToRiseSomatics on IG and FB
- Self-Care Syllabus – resources exploring self-care and the politicized nature of self-care and wellness.
Other episodes mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 13// Hear a Client Testimonial from Six-Figure Business Owner, Abby Herman
- Ep. 21// Struggling with hope in your health? Hear a Heartwarming Holiday Story About Overcoming Insomnia, Chronic Pain, and Chronic Nausea – with My Client “Cee”
- Ep. 23// 3 Reasons We Struggle Investing In Our Health – and What Could Happen If You Don't
- Ep. 33// How to Know It's Time to Get Help + How to Find a GOOD Health Practitioner
Other links from the show:
- Financial coach: Mind Money Balance book
- Mind Money Balance Freebie
- Mind Money Balance Podcast
- Body Nerd Show
- Schedule Your Qualifying Call with Allison
- Leave a Rating and Review because you love us!
Connect with us on social media!
- Facebook: @betterbellytherapies
- Instagram: @betterbellytherapies
- Or Email us!