The Zinc-Anorexia Connection
When it comes to anorexia and disordered eating, what is talked about the most are the behavioral and psychological drivers behind it.
But disordered eating, especially anorexia, is driven by more than just your mind. New research is finding that there are also neurobiological drivers - biochemical imbalances that act invisibly on the body.
These biochemical imbalances don’t need to be fixed with medication. In fact, the most common neurobiological driver for anorexia is zinc deficiency.
The most common neurobiological driver for anorexia is zinc deficiency.
Yes. Zinc deficiency!
Zinc is the most common micronutrient deficiency in people with eating disorders, and symptoms of zinc deficiency are eerily similar to anorexia.
Zinc-Anorexia symptom overlap includes:
- Altered taste
- Hormonal imbalances
- Weight loss
- …and even increased exercise!
On today’s episode, I’m chatting with Libby Stenzel, RD all about these hidden causes behind anorexia.
On today's episode, I'm talking with Libby Stenzel, RD. Libby is a registered dietitian based in the Ann Arbor, Michigan, area, and an expert in anorexia and disordered eating. She specializes in helping people with disordered eating find healing and freedom with food, exercise, and body image.
Today, you’ll learn how you can find freedom from shame and fear with food, heal your body more while working at it less, along with how to harness the power of balancing your internal neurobiology to overcome anorexia and disordered eating.
In this conversation with Libby, I had insight into my own heath and experiences I had with food at the lowest point in my health in 2015. I hope you have the same as you listen in on this fascinating conversation.
~ Allison ❤️
- Ep. 40// Reduce Acid Reflux with the Magic Power of Zinc
- Ep. 13// Drop Sugar Cravings, Lose Weight, and Get Glowing Skin [Client Testimonial - Abby Herman]
CONNECT WITH LIBBY:
- Libby Stenzel Nutrition
- Instagram: @libbystenzelnutrition
- Get 20% Off an Initial Assessment by mentioning the Better Belly Podcast!
WORK WITH ALLISON:
- Virtual clients: Apply for the Foundations Program Waitlist
- Curious? Learn more about the Foundations Program
- Local to metro-Detroit? Book a New Client Evaluation at our in-person office
- Leave a Rating and Review - because you love us!
- Buy my book, Stop Stomach Pain: How to Heal Your Gut and End Food Restrictions. Available in digital and print!
- Download my Free Constipation Relief Guide
- Have a question you want answered on the show? Send me your question to betterbellytherapies.com/askallison, and it may get featured on the show!
- Facebook → @betterbellytherapies
- Instagram → @betterbellytherapies
- Website → betterbellytherapies.com
+ view comments . . .