Acid Reflux - Not a Medication Problem.
On today’s episode, we are continuing a conversation we’ve had on this podcast multiple times, but with a totally new perspective: acid reflux.
According to a National Gastrointestinal Survey in 2015 with over 70,000 participants, 30% of these participants experience acid reflux on a weekly basis. And within that group, another 35% of participants experience acid reflux even WITH taking PPI’s - a pharmaceutical designed to block acid production in the stomach and - theoretically - end acid reflux.
Among the participants, younger individuals, women, Latino individuals, and participants with irritable bowel syndrome or Crohn’s disease were more likely to have continued GERD symptoms, even when taking PPIs.
So - the big question -
- Why do we get acid reflux?
- And why does acid reflux persist, even after taking medication and pharmaceuticals?
On today’s episode, I’m diving into a rarely discussed topic in acid reflux that is KEY is solving this stubborn GI problem - fascial restrictions.
Continuing with our series from last week, I’m going to teach you about how your physical body is perpetuating your acid reflux, what key anatomical structures are involved in acid reflux, and at the end of the show, I’m going to teach you three practical steps you can use TODAY to evaluate if your fascia is causing your stubborn acid reflux.
- Ep. 90// Fascia 101: The Hidden Force Behind Bloating and Constipation
- Ep. 46// The Gut Breath Connection
- Ep. 68// 10 Markers on Your Bloodwork You Can Review TODAY to Find the Root Cause of Your Acid Reflux
- Ep. 24// 5 Ways to Heal Your Acid Reflux - Without Pharmaceuticals!
LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Book a New Client Evaluation at our in-person office
- If our scheduler is full, join the waitlist to be notified as soon as a New Client appointment opens!
- Leave a Rating and Review - because you love us!
- Buy my book, Stop Stomach Pain: How to Heal Your Gut and End Food Restrictions. Available in digital and print!
- Download my Free Constipation Relief Guide
- Use my easy, step-by-step guide to find a Craniosacral Therapy or Visceral Manipulation therapist near you! → betterbellytherapies.com/find
- Have a question you want answered on the show? Send me your question to betterbellytherapies.com/askallison, and it may get featured on the show!
- Facebook → @betterbellytherapies
- Instagram → @betterbellytherapies
- Website → betterbellytherapies.com
+ view comments . . .