Healing - In Slow Motion
Recently, I noticed that when we talk about healing, how to heal ourselves, it is always in terms of more. DOING more.
- More diet restrictions.
- More supplements.
- Different supplements.
- Different exercise.
- New doctor appointments.
- Journal more.
- Meditate more.
- Be grateful - more.
And while there is merit to the idea that there is something out there that you aren't doing yet that may hold the key to your healing, the truth also is - we are terrified of slowing down. Period.
My podcast is guilty of this, too. I’ve definitely spent a majority of our episodes, by far, talking more about how you can DO more to heal yourself.
In the middle of all this, we NEED to rest to heal. But despite being so fatigued, I often hear my clients say, “I’m tired. Should I just push through my tiredness?”
WHY do we struggle so much with rest?
There are a lot of answers to this questions. But I believe, for those who are dealing with chronic illness and the whole just not feeling well thing, there is a particular tension we deal with with rest. I call it sick rest vs. healing rest.
On today’s episode, I’m talking about sick rest and healing rest - why they make it hard to rest as someone struggling with gut health problems, and how you can use both to work FOR you instead of AGAINST you.
If you are listening to this podcast episode today - this is your invitation to deep, meaningful rest.
~ Allison ❤️
WORK WITH ME:
- Virtual clients: Apply for the Foundations Program Waitlist
- Curious? Learn more about the Foundations Program
- Local to metro-Detroit? Book a New Client Evaluation at our in-person office
- If our office scheduler is full, join the waitlist to be notified as soon as a New Client appointment opens!
- Leave a Rating and Review - because you love us!
- Download my Free Constipation Relief Guide
- Use my easy, step-by-step guide to find a Craniosacral Therapy or Visceral Manipulation therapist near you! → betterbellytherapies.com/find
- Have a question you want answered on the show? Send me your question to betterbellytherapies.com/askallison, and it may get featured on the show!
- Facebook → @betterbellytherapies
- Instagram → @betterbellytherapies
- Website → betterbellytherapies.com
*This episode was first published at BetterBellyTherapies.com/101