We just concluded a series of episodes on ways the gut is connected to other parts of the body: the Gut-Skin, Gut-Breath, and Gut-Sinus connections.
In honor of the Gut-Sinus connection, I wanted to bring in an EXPERT in the orofacial complex: Madison Scott, RDH, Myofunctional Therapist!
Myofunctional therapy is a treatment that examines how the tongue and oral muscles move and function, utilizing exercises to improve muscle tone and therapies to change habits.
You may be benefit from this therapy if you experience:
- Mouth breathing
- Neck pain
- TMJ pain
- Thumb sucking, nail-biting, or other habits
- Issues with tongue posture
- Sleep Apnea and/or Snoring
- Tongue tie
If this sounds like you (or one of your kiddos) tune in to learn about the importance of a healthy orofacial complex and what you can do to bring it back into harmony!
Other episodes mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 46// The Gut-Breath Connection: How asthma, heart palpitations, constipation, IBS, and acid reflux are ALL connected
- 47// The Gut-Sinus Connection: How Sinusitis, Seasonal Allergies, and Chronic Post-Nasal Drip May Be Connected to Your Gut
Connect with Madison and Dexter Dental Studio:
- Website: Myofunctional Therapy – Dexter Dental Studio
- Facebook: Dexter Dental Studio
- For a free 15 Minute Chat for anyone in the Ann Arbor area, email Madison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books and Resources to check out relevant to Myofunctional Therapy:
- Breath, by James Nestor
- Oxygen Advantage, by Patrick McKewan
- Nobody Ever Told Me (or My Mother) That!, Diane Bahr
- To find your own Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist, visit iaom.com and click “Directory”
Other links from the show:
- Leave a Rating and Review because you love us!
Connect with us on social media!
- Facebook: @betterbellytherapies
- Instagram: @betterbellytherapies
- Or Email us!